The Kindest Cut

Friday, April 23, 2010

In an effort to participate in the "kindest cut" program that is run my pantene, I have been wearing my hair long since almost a year. And hopefully by the end of next month I should have the stipulated 8 inches to donate and still have some length to retain...

Considering we all so often have a hair cut and the locks simply find their way to a broom and basket.. I thought why not make a difference for a change... Long hair does take some maintenance..But then, if you are not much of a stylist, spray, blow dry, straightening kind of person.. but someone who simply does a wash, brush and wear it the way it is.. it's a lot easier to let it grow.... Here is what i do -

1. wash hair twice a week, thrice in summer
2. Once a week deep condition (coconut oil massage and leave it for one to two hours. Then wash it as usual)
3. Always condition the hair after shampoo
4. Try to use a soft shampoo/conditioner (organic if you can) . I use Dove and it has suited me just fine. 
( From experience i have noticed garnier and tressemme are the worst.. too strong)
5. towel dry with a soft towel and docile-like 

So before I make the cut next month.. if any of you can tell me of any salon they know where they donate hair, I'd be glad to take an appointment there, or have to do the 'pantene kindest cut' and make the cut myself and then head to the salon to shape it up...

So, anyone got any other tips for maintaining hair?? Anyone else willing to make the kindest cut??
May be we can start by spreading the word.. i just did :)

1 comments:

Sandy said...

I checked with the parlor named 'Dekwa' when I went to Newbury. They have several stylists that participate in 'Locks of love'(you need to donate 10 inch or more for that program), so they offer a complete wash, haircut and blow dry service. You could fix an appointment with a junior stylist at a discounted rate or they might offer a free service ( not sure on that). You can reach them at
Ph 617.236.8081

Green tea with Brownies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino