Spring is here....

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

err... almost. Once we have respite from all the rain that is pouring down like no tomorrow in the east coast and giving us a glimpse of the Indian monsoon, which I love by-the-way...
I digress...
Spring means a a lot of garden work, weeds blooming in contention, appreciating N for all this lawn mowing efforts et all... With my particular disaster of vegetable garden last year - I managed to save one tomato, amidst tomato, okra, bell peppers, cilantro plants. I blame it on the hail storm that hit northern Mass.. but in reality, I was stretching my green-thumb-dreams too far - So moral of the story; this year i have decided to experiment only tomato and try the upside down plant instead of pots. So with the 70s weather this weekend, you know where I will be spending most of my time!

So has anyone begun the spring-prep? Here are a few things I am planning on doing/done -
* Found a farm nearby for the strawberry/rasberry/apple/peach pickings ( 6 miles away ) Lots of baking in the offing!
* Closing in on a grill purchase. Will send out invites for a barbecue weekend once thats done.
* Ready with my tomato seedlings/pots/starting soil/ potting mix et all... The first bout of sunshine this week  and they are getting planted.
* Find trekking / hiking trails nearby. Bike purchase is indefinitely postponed.
* Gear up for the 5K in june!

So have your SPRUNG your list?

------------------------------------
On another note, anyone got ideas for a new event on the blog? Baking is going great, we can have another event running in paralell.. Let me know if anyone has got some ideas.

1 comments:

Sandy said...

What about the upcoming cherry blossom festival ? .. Would love to see it this year :)

Green tea with Brownies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino