Banana Bread with a chocolate twist

Sunday, February 28, 2010

I am totally aware that there have been 2-3 recipes of Banana nut bread that have already been posted on green tea....Nevertheless I am posting the one I use very very often for a couple of reasons :

a. My cousin Divu told me to....since every recipe has something different in it and it is true.You will see why!!
b. It is a Banana bread with choco chips rather than nuts recipe!! See I told you its different.

Well I will cut the crap here and get to the main point of the blog. Here is the recipe:

* 3 ripe bananas, mashed
* 1 egg, well beaten
* 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, melted, cooled
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 cup chopped nuts : I like to use a lot (as much as you want) of semi-sweet chocolate morsels in place of nuts....tastes WAAAAYYYY better. Nuts are ubiquitous and get pretty monotonous!!

In a large mixing bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, beaten egg, and melted butter. Sift together the flour, sugar, salt, and soda and stir into banana mixture until well blended. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate morsels (more the merrier)

Pour banana nut bread batter into a 9x5-inch loaf pan and bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Have fun baking!!

0 comments:

Green tea with Brownies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino