Totally unrelated

Saturday, February 13, 2010

This post has no relation whatsover to the blog except for another common passion of its readers, that of Books! I read an article in NYTimes yesterday which made me think a little about what to do. I have been wanting to clean out my bookshelf for a while now; and this article suggested that people shouldn't donate books to the library if they don't feel passionate about them. It said that we are doing a disservice to someone by making them read a book that we didn't care about in the first place, and that they'd have read one better book in their lifetime.

What do you girls think? Would you rather donate to the library or recycle? Do share your thoughts..

4 comments:

Divya said...

I think I will donate them. May be the book that didn't touch my life Could touch another person's?!
While we are on that topic, it is for the same reason I love libraries than buying books. You can always buy a copy for yourself once you love the book; otherwise let it remain on the library shelf!

Veena said...

I think I will donate them too. With a population so high and so diverse who knows who might like something that you dislike?? So the probability of someone reading a book that you don't want is pretty high. Recycle is harsh to the books since you are pretty much watching it fall through the dumpster like something unwanted the thought of which itself is painful.

Sush said...

I will donate them as well.. No two people have the same personality.

Unknown said...

Overwhelming majority (Including my decision as well :) ) will donate for sure!

Green tea with Brownies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino