The pink health

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Food habits and exercise alone cannot comprise a healthy life.Personal hygiene goes a long way and  I thought I should share a few things, which i learnt the hard way and hope it helps someone else without having to face it with difficulty like i did-

1. Floss. I have inherited bad teeth, had braces as a fifteen year old, cheated brushing a million times, even after seeing my mother suffer through many painful root canals. Two wisdom tooth extractions and three fillings and after, I have turned over a new 'teeth'... Do brush at least twice a day. And dont neglect flossing. I wont go into the benefits of flossing; the web is filled with that. But if you have never tried flossing before, try this product. Its battery operated, soft on your gums and really useful and I am sure you will never go back to regular brushing once you realise how useful it is.

2. Q-tips. I would run away from them as a child. Hence more than often, I would suffer immense ear pain due to a wax solidified attack and undergo the wax-melting medicine being poured down my ears at least once every month.I have come into terms with being regular on the usage of q-tip, though I am still working towards not letting it slip my mind!

3. Pedicure: No, I am not refering to the exorbitant 40$ pedicure at the nearest Nails you get done when you want to pamper yourself. I am talking about keeping your feet happy and breathing even otherwise. I learnt it from my cousin Villus and her older sisters. All you need is a dallop of shampoo, a small basin with warm/hot water, a squeeze of face scrub. Give your feet a treat every fortnight! Is a great help during summer.

Have you learnt something new that has helped make your life healthy and happy? Do share!

2 comments:

Veena said...

Couple more fun things to pamper yourself:

1. After a day of office + household chores make your hands feel supple and moist by dipping them in warm-hot water with some lime squeezed in it. Do not throw away the lime rind....drop that into the warm water and scrub your fingers and palm with that.

2. Self facial/cleanse - Take any good cream - not cold cream as it is too thick and not a moisturizer as its too thin. Something like Nivea soft would be perfect. Apply blobs of it on face and take some in hand. Take warm water in your hands to dilute the cream and start spreading the cream on your face in a circular motion outwards. As and when you feel there is less cream on your face or hands take more but also dilute with warm-hot (from faucet) water and keep doing the same circular motion of spreading all around your face - do this for like 10mins. Then wash your face with warm water and then scrub your face not with a St.Ives face scrub but with granulated sugar. Believe me this is the best scrub in the galaxy! Keep scrubbing until the sugar dissolves or your arms hurt or your face tends to feel a tiny burning sensation from all the stress....Wash your face with ICE cold water....if not available then roll a cube of ice on your face for 1min. Washing your face with ice cold water / ice is essential to close the pores that have been opened with the cream therapy followed by the scrub.

See and feel the difference and feel beautiful!!

Unknown said...

I can add to the brushing/flossing part.. do invest in a sonicare toothbrush for excellent gum health. I had bleeding gums in the past, but this has vanished without a trace! the toothbrush is amazing too..

Mouthwash.. often and after meals, it fights sweet cravings too! ;)

Green tea with Brownies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino