Sweet Beginnings :)

Friday, January 8, 2010

Thanks for the intro Div, yea I vowed to co-author and now I vow to be alive unlike my other blog(if you noticed :D). I always wanted to blog because if you know me, I always love to talk. But I realized I am a lot lazier than I thought I was. If only I had the device like Stephen Hawking to convert my thoughts to words and to sentences and to articles.. okay now I am wandering away. The point is I never had a commitment or the motivation. Its always nice to have somebody around to keep you going, especially if you are like me :)

The blog has been aptly titled for me for I am the kind of girl who never categorizes chocolate as 'junk' or 'unhealthy' and drinks green tea every single day to detox my body :D

For my first blog here I want to share my mom's cake recipe which is liked by everybody till date. This recipe was my debut to the culinary world.. my first cooking class from mom :)

Ingredients:

Maida aka all-purpose flour - 1 cup
                             Sugar  - 1 cup
         Vegetable/canola oil - 1 cup
                              Eggs  - 4 large
                 Baking powder  - 1 tsp
                Vanilla essence  - 1/2 tsp

Procedure:

Preheat the oven to 330 degrees F

Beat the eggs and sugar with the vanilla essence in a large bowl (my mom used to do this in a mixer jar)

In another bowl mix together the flour and baking powder

Add oil to the dry ingredients and mix well

Now add the eggs n sugar mixture to the batter and mix well

Pour it in a greased and floured 9" baking dish and bake for 55-60 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean

Note:

Adding 4tbspns of unsweetened coco powder along with the dry ingredients will give you a chocolate cake

You can add your choice of nuts to add a little crunch to the cake




Definitely give it a try and let me know how you like it.. Its a foolproof recipe and trust me you can not go wrong with it!

Happy Baking :)

Sush

0 comments:

Green tea with Brownies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino