This and Thats

Sunday, January 24, 2010

It is wonderful to see a salad-soup-all things good explosion on the blog! Lets keep up the good word!


Eating to the yellow beet

Following mithra’s mention of yellow beets, I fished it from the prolific, heavenly green smelling section of ‘whole foods’! Though it’s a little pricey, this colorful salad tastes awesome and I will consider it a delicacy for I cant find it in the local Market Basket and hits it heavy on the budget! It’s my mid-afternoon snack for the day!


The desi twist to salads
I have taken it from my mother. Be it the carrot raita mithra mentioned, or a salad or grated roots, a dribble of tadka ( ½ tsp of oil, little mustards, broken red chilly ) over the salad makes it more devouring, especially raitas for biriyani.


Don’t be fooled by ma po tofu at PF Changs
Yesterday, I ordered ma po tofu at PF changes. It read tofu in garlic, red chilly sauce with steamed broccoli. Though it tasted awesome, but it was deep fried tofu lined with steamed broccoli! For all the goodness of broccoli and side of brown rice, I couldn’t wolf down more than a few tofu pieces, for it filled by food pipe with grease! It was the healthy broccoli for dinner instead, not just from my share, but the veggies kept aside on sandhya’s plate too! Sigh!


Facial fix
When you are bored of eating all the salads, just squeeze all the good carrot juice and apply it to your face for the orangey glow or crush the tomato like a scrub on your face to eliminate the sunburns!


Iphone app for farmers market
I am glad, I can find a farmers market nearby from the Iphone now (Locavore 2.0)! Though I am sure, we North-easterners have to wait it out until spring to have any open. Now I know where I will spend most of my summer money! ☺


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Why don’t we honor the ‘National soup month’ on our blog?? Let’s aim to make atleast one new soup from the website/cookery book/top of your head anything for the coming week and post the recipe and experience!


Let me know what you think!!

0 comments:

Green tea with Brownies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino